Originally from Richmond, VA, Dr. Syed Saif Ahmed attended Virginia Commonwealth University where he studied Economics and Chemistry. Dr. Ahmed completed his medical training at The Ohio State University Medical Center and served as Chief Resident of Neurology. During his tenure, Dr. Ahmed received multiple awards, including Best Teaching Resident. Dr. Ahmed continued his training with a Fellowship in Sleep Medicine at the University of Massachusetts, St. Vincent Hospital.
As a board-certified neurologist and sleep specialist, Dr. Ahmed treats diseases of the nervous system and sleep disorders. Dr. Ahmed addresses migraines, insomnia, and seizures, as well as neurological conditions affecting mobility and balance, such as multiple sclerosis. Dr. Ahmed is also well-versed in treating issues of the spine, including neck and back pain and spine disorders.
He has published articles on neurology and sleep medicine and remains actively engaged in multiple professional organizations, including the American Academy of Neurology (AAN) and the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM).
Dr. Ahmed has also gained acknowledgment by his patients and received the Patients’ Choice Awards (2011 – 2014), Most Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011 – 2014) and Top 10 Doctor in Maryland (2014).
About Privia Medical Group
Our practice is a proud member of Privia Medical Group - a physician-led, multi-speciality, national medical group. The nation’s top primary care physicians and specialists came together to form Privia Medical Group and share in the mission of providing better, more coordinated care to patients.
Our group focuses on taking accountability for the health and wellness of the patients we serve. We use some of the latest advances in medicine to help our patients remain healthy and better manage disease by offering our patients access to innovative health management technologies, proactive team-based care, and an evidenced-based, patient-centered approach.
Here’s what sets Privia Medical Group apart from traditional practices:
- Nationally recognized top physicians and healthcare professionals
- Physician-led, high-performance medical group
- Unhurried, comprehensive visits, with time to develop the right care plan
- Personalized care that exceeds your expectations
- Collaborative, team-based medical group
- Staffed with Health Coaches, Nurse Educators, Pharmacists, and Care Managers
- Same-day/next-day appointments available
- Care reminders and alerts
- Check ins with clinical experts between your office visits
- Book appointments and renew prescriptions online
- Send and receive secure messages with your care team
- Secure access to electronic medical records
- Pay your invoices by credit card, securely and conveniently
State-of-the Art Security and Privacy
We go to extreme lengths to ensure our patients’ information remains confidential and secure.
Not only is our team trained in modern privacy standards (such as HIPAA and PCI compliance), but we also keep your information secure with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption, firewalls, secure servers (including 24/7 surveillance and biometric access), and many more measures to ensure your information won’t fall into the wrong hands.
To learn more about Privia Medical Group and find other Privia doctors, please visit our website.